Sometimes, after a difficult or demanding period in our lives, we find that our surroundings have deteriorated to a state of chaos and decay. The Law of Entropy has been at work and everything around us has descended to its lowest common denominator. The place is a mess. Here is a list of tasks to help you begin to establish order once again.
- Set aside a day to clean up.
- The day before, shop for good food (protein, greens, fruit, a healthy treat) and safe cleaning supplies. Include a bunch of fresh flowers.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Eat a good breakfast and if you take supplements, take them.
- Put on some music.
- Make the bed and hang up your clothes.
- Start the laundry.
- Do the dishes.
- Clean the bathroom.
- Take out the trash.
- Run the vacuum.
- Take a break in here to eat again. Keep it light and green.
- Gather out of place items into a container for later distribution to the places where they belong.
- Wipe the surfaces and straighten the furniture as you go along.
- Put the vase of flowers where you want to see it.
- Gather papers from all over the house and stack them on your desk in a neat pile.
- Pull out the Bills and important To Do’s into two separate piles.
- Put the rest in a basket to go through later.
- Update your To Do List. Mark the most important and urgent with a #1.
- Schedule some blocks of time on your calendar to do these.
- Finish the laundry, fold everything and put it away.
- Walk around your house, enjoy the newly established order and beauty, and congratulate yourself.
- Eat a good dinner.
- Do something pleasurable and fun.
- Before retiring, give thanks for all the blessings in your life.
- Go to bed at a reasonable hour and get some more sleep.
Excerpted from An Invitation to An Extraordinary Life
© 2011 Anacaria Myrrha ~ All Rights Reserved