There are times in our lives when we are confronted with a difficult task or situation that we must navigate. Sometimes there is danger and we get caught in a whirlpool of fears. It is helpful, therefore, to take steps to dissolve fears and to support ourselves on the journey.
Here are some suggestions.
- Bring something to your sacred space that represents the situation or task. Keep it simple. Sit quietly and ask for guidance and support.
- Set your intentions about who and how you wish to be throughout the process. Write them down. Then consider what you are willing to give and also what you are not willing to give. Set your boundaries. Write them down!
- If appropriate and useful, make a list of steps to take. Prioritize them. If needed, schedule time in your calendar for them.
- Finally, see yourself moving through in a calm and grounded state. Visualize and affirm a positive outcome with benefit for all. Release your attachment to how it plays out, and be willing to adjust.
- If an extended time is needed for resolution, continue to review your intentions and the steps to take, and renew your desire for a positive outcome.
- Affirmation to consider: “Let truth show itself and good come to me.”
When you are past the danger, review what you have learned and harvest it for future use.
Excerpted from An Invitation to An Extraordinary Life
© 2009 Anacaria Myrrha ~ All Rights Reserved