There are times in our lives when we are at a standstill. We are at a crossroads that requires us to make choices, and we don’t know what to do.
At these times, I remember some good advice I once received. “Never make a decision until you have at least three choices, one of which may be totally unacceptable.”
Here are some suggestions I have found helpful for this process.
- Get a good night’s sleep.
- Retreat into silence in your sacred space.
- Ask for help.
- Make a list of possible choices.
- Make a list of pros and cons.
- Consider the consequences of each.
- Consult with a trusted friend or professional.
- Pay attention to your feelings.
- Pay attention to your intuition.
- Be willing to wait until you know what to do.
- When you know what to do, do it and move on.
“There is not one moment when guidance is not available.” Caroline Myss
Excerpted from An Invitation to An Extraordinary Life
© 2011 Anacaria Myrrha ~ All Rights Reserved