I recently came across this quote attributed to Charles Darwin: “It is not the strongest species that survive, nor the most intelligent, but the ones most responsive to change.” And it occurred to me that the way for us to move forward in these challenging times is to be open and receptive to new ways of doing things.
Here are a few ideas for us to consider to support that quest.
- Set aside a sacred space at home where, for a few minutes each day, we can connect with our Source. Then, give ourselves the gift of time to do that. Ask for guidance and grace.
- Engage our imagination. Use this time to consider new possibilities – ways to re-balance our lives and shape new opportunities for the future.
- Review our values and priorities to remind us of our path, and the true definition and sources of our wealth.
- Make a list of all our talents, skills and accomplishments to remind us that we are empowered.
- Join or initiate a focus or support group of like minded people with whom we can brainstorm, share ideas and obtain feed-back.
- Do a little house and office cleaning and organizing. Clearing out and ordering our physical environment shifts the energy and makes room for what awaits us.
- Take a walk and take in the beauty of the season. Some of my best ideas have come to me while in motion in fresh air.
- Hold positive thoughts and smile. Research shows that smiling causes positive changes in the body’s chemistry.
- Give thanks. To everyone for everything.
I wish you abundant peace and good health, and a generous sufficiency of all good things. And most of all, the ability to be open, receptive and empowered to change.
© 2010 Anacaria Myrrha ~ All Rights Reserved