Sometimes there are days when we simply don’t feel well. When we are restless, tired, depressed. When we are suffering from undefined, random discontent.
Here are lists of some of my remedies. Different approaches work at different times. When I am in a funk, I look them over and choose, not what I think I need, but rather what will nourish me at that time.
To Reduce Stimulation
- Turn off the TV, radio, computer.
- Turn down lights.
- Turn up candles.
- Seek solitude.
- Get quiet.
To Increase Stimulation
- Play music.
- See a movie.
- Call a friend or friends.
- Get together.
- Laugh, sing, dance.
- Take a warm bath.
- Eat something both good and good for you.
- Read something funny, interesting, inspiring.
- Take a walk.
- Take a nap.
- Get a good night’s sleep. Get two.
- Extend a kindness to someone else.
- Breathe deeply.
- Ask for guidance, & listen.
- Give thanks to everyone for everything.
Start a list of what works for you. Then, when you forget, you can get it out and be reminded. Remember, our forgetting function is very highly evolved!
Excerpted from An Invitation to An Extraordinary Life
© 2011 Anacaria Myrrha ~ All Rights Reserved